Sunday, March 20, 2016

In Act 1 I have felt that Nora’s husband Torvald treats her like a younger sibling then a wife. They act like a father daughter relationship. Throughout the whole act he calls her pet names, “well is the squirrel sulking? Nora guess what I have there.” (pg. 149). This means that Torvald shows no respect to his wife. But Torvald does not like spending or borrowing a lot of money from people. Nora is keeping a secret from everyone. Nora should have told her husband a long time ago. I can relate to this because one time I kept a secret from everyone for a long time and it really does affect you. Nora and Torvald relationship is not trusting because when Nora went to the bakery “didn’t little sweet tooth just look in at the confectioners.” (pg. 151) The macaroons symbolize for all of Nora’s lies and the macaroons giver he control of Torvald.
           

Another character we were introduced to on Act 1 was Krogstad. He is a lawyer but he is getting a job at the bank where Torvald works. Torvald is getting a promotion at the bank. He had forged his signature on bank note just as Nora did to save Torvalds life. At the end of the act Nora does not trust herself around her children. What would you do in Nora’s situation? Did Nora understand her consequences? 

6 comments:

  1. I would just flee the country

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Nora`s situation I would realize now that what I did was wrong and hope for forgiveness and move on. I think Nora understands her consequences because if she didn't keep the secret for so long it wouldn't be so big, and she wouldn't feel as guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was Nora I would've told helmer. So he would know and back it up for me. Like he would take my side because I'm the one that told him instead of someone else. If it was some else it's a different story. Nora isn't thinking like how we do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I would do in Nora's situation is to just tell Helmer instead of making things much more complicated for her self. what I think is that Nora did understand her consequences because she now realize what she did was a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He totally treats her like he is her daughter and not his wife and partner.

    ReplyDelete